Questions about access or requests for disability-related accommodations at TMY such as ASL interpreting, closed-captioning, wheelchair access, electronic text, etc., can be directed to Access@TucsonMeetYourself.org.
For access-related questions while at the event, please go to the Information Tent, located at the center of Jácome Plaza. Please note that access requests made the day of the event may not be fulfilled due to the short notice for staffing.
Getting to TMY
- The festival takes place at Jácome Plaza Downtown, one block west of the Ronstadt Bus Station.
- Accessible parking spots in nearby parking garages.
- People with disabilities can request rides from the Sun Tran Van (must be registered with Sun Tran).
- The Sun Link Streetcar has two stops that are near TMY: Congress/Broadway/Stone and Congress/Broadway/Church.
- Sidewalks with curb cuts and paved pathways are accessible at all entrances to the festival.
- Four accessible designated 15-minute drop-off & pick-up site equipped with a curb cut and chairs for waiting for people with disabilities are located at:
- Alameda and Church Ave.
- Alameda and Stone Ave.
- Congress and Stone Ave.
- Pennington and Scott
Getting around TMY
- Donation-based wheelchair rentals available at the TMY Info Booth in the middle of Jácome Plaza. All proceeds support TMY.
- Service animals welcome.
- ADA portable restrooms.
- We have worked with 5th Avenue Productions to place 30 accessible ramps over the wire boxes that have been obstructive for people on wheels.
- We are working with the City of Tucson and the Office of Vice Mayor Santa Cruz to make an accessible pathway through the gravel on Jácome Plaza (as of 9/16/22).
Accessing TMY Program Information
- Large-print programs at the Information Booth at the center of Jácome Plaza.
- An online PDF TMY Program for text-to-speech readers
Water Monster Water Bottle Refill Stations
- All Water Monster Water Stations will have a spout where you push the water bottle against it and water flows into the bottle. If you need any assistance, please ask any TMY volunteer at the beverage stations.
Viewing TMY Performance Stages
- Clearly marked wheelchair spaces at front with clear view of performers.
- Chairs for disabled / elders / pregnant people.
- Designated space for people viewing Sign Language interpretation at selected performances and demonstrations. (Schedule TBA as of 9/16/22)
- If there is a performance that you would like ASL interpretation, please request this accommodation at least a week prior to event at Access@TucsonMeetYourself.org.